Check this out:
Medals. Accomplishments. Pride. These are just some of the reasons why I run. Running is one of the few times that I actually feel ALIVE. But I've been into a bit of a rut lately. Not running consistently, eating, and drinking too much leads to... well, nothing good. And it's a cycle. The more runs I miss, the less I feel like running, the more unhealthy choices I am likely to make.
What's the solution to a running rut? For me, it's signing up for a race. But how ambitious do I want to be? I can't decide whether to run a full marathon or a half marathon. So I am making a list to help me decide.
Reasons to run a full marathon:
- The rigorous training schedule will force me to run
- I still did not accomplish my goal to finish in 4 hours
- There are points during marathon training that I feel great and look great
- Finishing another marathon feels like a big accomplishment
Reasons NOT to run a full marathon:
- It's hard!
- It takes a lot of time
- There are points during marathon trainging that I feel AWFUL and want to quit
- Training runs interfere with my family and social life
Reasons to run a half marathon: