Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Instant Pot - My Philosophy

As soon as I ordered my Instant Pot, I started searching the internet for recipes. I even bought a pressure cooking cookbook. As I was browsing, I found many recipes that just wouldn't work for my family. Lentil tacos? Nope. Sloppy Joe's with rolled oats in them? Nope. So I took a step back and thought about why I wanted to buy the Instant Pot in the first place. Although I do like to experiment with new recipes, that's not why I bought it. I wanted to simplify every day cooking and expand our week day repertoire by making recipes I know we already like more simple and and quicker. This is my Instant Pot philosophy:



 As a cook, learning a recipe means you now know how to make that one thing. But when you learn methods, they can be applied to any recipe. So from now on, although I may try a new recipe now and then, I'm going to focus on adapting the recipes my family loves for the Instant Pot. Hopefully you will be able to use these methods to adapt your own favorite recipes for easy, quick cooking with the Instant Pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment