Saturday, February 18, 2012

Subway Sign ART


I've been coveting subway sign art for months now, ever since I started seeing pictures like this during my daily Internet design drooling sessions:


And this:


But with prices like the ones above at $650, all I could do was covet and drool and dream. But then I remembered, hey, I can be an ARTIST too and so began the first baby step on my journey from crafty to artist.

So, I followed the directions on http://www.iammommahearmeroar.net/2011/07/diy-subway-art-for-under-7.html and made this:


I am obsessed and can't stop staring at it. Here it is in its new home by the front door:





It cost under $10, and I was able to customize it to show the Boston MBTA D line, which was what we always took when I lived a few blocks from the Longwood stop in Brookline. 

The best part? I kind of, just a little bit, am feeling like I am a little bit more than "just crafty."


1 comment:

  1. This looks great Kate! Yay! Thank you so much of sharing this with me! I'm glad you like it so much too. Way to go!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete