Monday, February 20, 2012

Anxiously Awaiting Ikea

After an embarrassing number of hours spent searching online for a desk, finally, my decision. The Ikea Melltorp table.


I've been craving a desk/work space for a while now. We in the market to buy our own house, and we are planning to get some new furniture then. But at the rate it's going, I think it might be a while. So, I might as well enjoy the rest of our time here and make the space as usable and as visually pleasing as I can.

We don't have a lot of space in our rental 1/2 duplex. Currently, I do my work on the kitchen table. It usually looks like a mess because there are papers, office supplies, the printer, and other work related debris spread all over it. It's not the best way to work, and it's not what the kitchen table is meant for. 

We have this chair that is part of the living room set that I hate. I've been trying to convince Jason that we need to get rid of this chair for months. 



He still isn't on board, but I'm getting rid of the chair and I'm going to make that area my desk nook. I can't wait to finally get rid of the ugly and have a workspace of my own!

Today, I'm anxiously awaiting Ikea. Tomorrow, the space transformation begins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment